Finding wedding earrings for brides can be tricky. In the happy chaos of wedding planning, they can easily be forgotten about. And yet – they can be the detail that transforms you from ‘beautiful’ to ‘divine.’
Bridal earrings – what are they and how do they look like
When choosing earrings for your wedding, the most important thing is that they make you happy. Even if they’re a pair of 200-year-old broken chandelier earrings, feel free to wear them (many jewelers offer repairs, and we’re among them!). Just like your dream dress, the earrings are your choice alone.
The style of earrings perfect for a perfect day will depend on your own style and personality, your hair, face shape, and the cut of your dress.
Earrings for your wedding dress
Here, we’ll give you some tips on how to match your earring with the style and neckline of your dress:
- Low V or low V back neckline pairs perfectly with statement earrings. You want to accentuate the sophisticated V cut, so combine it with longer earrings, such as a long pearl drop, chain thread earrings, and other otherworldly designs.
- An illusion neckline should be left to its own designs – enhance its natural elegance and sophistication with a pair of longer earrings to elongate your neck.
- A high neckline provides you with a number of options. Stud earrings can give you a more classic, elegant look, while a pair of longer earrings will make you appear more delicate. You should carefully note the number of details of your neckline can be a double-edged sword– a lot of detail paired with statement earrings can cause the opposite effect, one of complete overload.
- Gowns featuring a sweetheart neckline are among the most versatile. Go with studs if you want all the attention to go to your headpiece, or go with a pair of longer earrings if you want to emphasize your face. You can pair your earrings with any number of other jewelry pieces, but be careful not to over accessorize!
- Off-the-shoulder gowns naturally draw attention to your face, neck, and shoulders in an elegant, sophisticated fashion. Because the off the shoulder straps are almost jewelry on their own, the most important thing to remember here is not to over accessorize. A pair of long earrings, maybe with some delicate detailing or pearls, can work wonders to make you look even more divine than it already is!
Which metals should you wear?
A pristine white gown pairs well with silver and platinum. Choose gold if your gown is champagne or ivory, and if your dream dress is a delicate blush color, try rose gold. Try to harmonize your jewelry with the style of the dress itself – if there are rhinestones or other decorative precious stones, it’s always a good idea to choose bridal jewelry in the same color group.
Another thing you should consider is your wedding ring. Echo your new found happiness by making your bridal look complete only after you’ve said “I do” and slid the rings on. Matching your earrings to the style and metal of your wedding ring can be a perfect subtle detail to express the harmony and joy you feel with that special someone.
Do you already have an idea for your wedding earrings but can’t find them anywhere? You can get in touch with us and we can make custom jewelry of the highest quality for your big day! In case any of our earrings caught your eye, drop by one of our stores and try them on – we’re happy to help you choose the perfect detail for that perfect day!